This statement of the scientific code of ethics is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the Jurnal Ilmiah Kesehatan Diagnosis publication process, namely managers, editors, review partners, and authors. This code of ethics for scientific publications statement was created using the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications sourced from the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). The essence of the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications is: I free from three interests in publication management, namely fairness, granting authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors/writers, and iii) honesty, namely free from duplication, falsification, fabrication, and plagiarism in publications.
Journal Manager's Duties and Responsibilities
- Journal Manager's Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine the journal's name, scientific scope, frequency, and, if necessary, accreditation.
- Determine the editorial board's composition.
- In a contract, define the relationship between publishers, editors, review partners, and other parties.
- Appreciate things that are confidential, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and review partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights.
- Review the journal's policy and submit it to the authors, the editorial board, reviewers, and readers.
- Create a code of conduct guidelines for editors and reviewer.
- Publish journal regularly.
- Ensure the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Create permits and other legal documents.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing for the needs of readers and authors/writers
- Consistently strive to improve the quality of publications.
- Implement processes to ensure the quality of published papers.
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record
- Assisting writers in adhering to the established writing guidelines.
- If necessary, submit corrections, clarifications, retraction, and apologies.
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the author/writer is responsible for the content and all statements in the written work.
- Actively seek feedback from authors, readers, reviewers, and editorial board members in order to improve the quality of publications.
- Encouraging journal evaluation for the errors.
- Support initiatives to reduce research publication errors by asking authors to attach an ethical clearance form that has been approved by the Ethics Clearance Commission.
- Support initiatives to educate researchers on publication ethics
- Examining the impact of publication policies on the attitudes of authors/writers and peer reviewers, with the goal of increasing responsibility and reducing errors.
- Be an open minded to a new ideas or the perspectives of others that may differ from your own.
- Failure to defend one's own point of view, the author's point of view, or a third party, which may result in an unobjective decision,
- Encouraging authors and writers to improve their written work so that it is publishable.
Reviewer' Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing the written work and submitting the study results to the editor as material for determining the validity of a published written work.
- The reviewer may not conduct a review of the written work that involves himself, either directly or indirectly.
- Protect the author's privacy by not disclosing the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations.
- Encouraging authors to improve their written works.
- Review the written work that has been corrected in accordance with the standards that have been established.
- Papers are reviewed in a timely manner in accordance with the publication environment's style and scientific principles (data announcement methods, author legality, conclusions, etc.).
- Notifying the editor if the reviewer is unable to complete his review results on time.
Author's Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the list of authors/authors meets the criteria as authors/authors
- Share responsibility for the article's work and content, including methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- State the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Describe the study's delimitations.
- Respond to reviewers' comments in a professional and timely manner.
- Notify the editor if he intends to withdraw his written work.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.